Using hydrocortisone cream, a topical steroid, can help stop some of the inflammation associated with chemical burns. Cover the burn in Neosporin and then bandage it or wrap with gauze. If the burn is still stinging, you can try using a cold compress to relieve the burning sensations.
What are the side effects of Nair?
- Appetite changes
- burning,crawling,itching,numbness,prickling,’pins and needles’,or tingling feelings
- burning,dry,or itching eyes
- difficulty with moving
- discharge,excessive tearing
- general feeling of discomfort or illness
- lack or loss of strength
- menstrual changes
- muscle aching,cramping,stiffness,or weakness
- not able to concentrate
Is Nair bad for You?
The chemical fumes from Nair can also cause allergic reactions or asthma symptoms in some people. Use facial or mild formulas if you’re using Nair on the face or other sensitive areas. Avoid Nair if you’re allergic to perfumes. You may also be allergic to the chemicals in Nair.
How to treat minor chemical burns at home?
- Cool the burn. Run cool (not cold) tap water over the burn for 10 to 15 minutes or until the pain eases.
- Remove rings or other tight items from the burned area.
- Don’t break small blisters (no bigger than your little fingernail).
- Apply moisturizer or aloe vera lotion or gel.
- If needed,take an over-the-counter pain reliever.
- Consider a tetanus shot.